Snoring/Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Does your snoring bother your sleep or the sleep of someone else?
- Have you been told that you stop breathing during sleep?
- Do you wake up feeling unrefreshed?
- Do you wake during the night gasping?
- Are you regularly tired during the day?
- Has you blood pressure increased?
We all know what snoring is. Often accompanying snoring can be sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is episodes when we stop breathing for a short period of time. This can have serious implications on our health.
If you or someone close to you has a problem with snoring, or has been heard to stop breathing during sleep, please call to book an appointment with Dr. Anne McCaskill Pellatt for a consultation. After meeting to discuss your concerns, you can be referred for a Level 3 take home sleep study. We can then discuss in detail how you are breathing while asleep, and treatment options available to you.
A CPAP trial is the first choice of treatment for sleep apnea. However, not everyone can tolerate a CPAP. A custom made oral appliance can be made to alleviate obstructive breathing during sleep for those who cannot wear a CPAP machine, or who snore without any sleep apnea.
*Services provided by general dentists